FILING A DECLARATION OF CANDIDACY
Begins: Monday, June 1, 2015
Ends: Monday, June 8, 2015
Citizens desiring to run for one of these three Council District Seats must file a "Declaration of Candidacy"
in person with the South Jordan City Recorder or designated person at City Hall, 1600 W. Towne Center Drive, South Jordan. The declaration forms will be available in the Office of the City Recorder beginning Monday, June 1, 2015. The filing period will run: Monday, June 1st through Monday, June 8th 2015
, during regular City Hall hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Qualified candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a resident of the municipality for at least 12 consecutive months (365 days) immediately preceding the date of the 2015 General Election (11-02-2015).
- Be a registered voter of the municipality.
- Be a resident of the Council District they are running for. You can look up your Council District by going to: http://gis.sjc.utah.gov/MyGovernmentServices/Voting enter your address and it will list the Council District you live in.
Questions: Contact the South Jordan City Recorders Office: 801-254-3742 x1202 or x1279