south jordan city
municipal election overview
Pursuant to UCA 10-3-301 Notice – Eligibility and residency requirements for elected municipal office. Notice is hereby given that, South Jordan City will hold a municipal general election on: Tuesday, November 5, 2019
South Jordan City 2019 Municipal Election
Municipal Offices to be Voted on:
City Council District #1 (4-Year Term)
City Council District #2 (4-Year Term)
City Council District #4 (4-Year Term)
20A-9-203(2)(a) Declarations of Candidacy – Municipal General Elections
Declaration of Candidacy Forms or Nomination Petitions must be filed in person with the City Recorder or appointed designee, at the South Jordan City Hall Office Building, 1600 West Towne Center Drive, South Jordan, Utah. Beginning Monday, June 3, 2019 and Ending Friday, June 7, 2019 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m Monday through Thursday and from 8:00 a.m. to Noon On Friday June 7, 2019. (Closed weekends)
Legal qualifications to be a candidate for South Jordan City Mayor or City Council are:
- Be a United States citizen at time of filing.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of the next municipal election.
- Must be a registered voter of the municipality.
- Must be a resident of the municipality or a resident of a recently annexed area for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
- If elected from a council district, the person must be a resident of that council district.
- In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored under Section 20A-2-101.5.
Note: Candidates must have been a resident of South Jordan City for at least 12 months (365 days) immediately prior to the date of the election (11-5-2019). Candidates running for a City Council District Office must be a resident of that district. Candidates also must be a current registered voter of South Jordan City.
Municipal Primary Election: … Tuesday, August 13, 2019
Municipal General Election: … Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Contact the City Recorder’s Office for questions regarding the 2019 Municipal Election:
City Recorder – Anna West AWest@sjc.utah.gov (801) 254-3742 Ext. 1202
Deputy Recorder – Cindy Valdez CValdez@sjc.utah.gov (801) 254-3742 Ext. 1279
Council District Boundaries Map by Voting District
Interactive City Council District Map
Election Sign Restriction Map
State Representative Boundaries Map by Voting District
State Senate Boundaries Map by Voting District
election related links:
Questions: Contact the South Jordan City Recorders Office: 801-446-HELP