South Jordan Animal Control officers are available weekdays from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday; and until 4:00 p.m. Fridays (times may vary). For more information, or to schedule an appointment contact Animal Control at 801-446-HELP.
For emergency related calls outside of these hours, please call police dispatch at (801) 840-4000. Emergency calls include: injured and bleeding animals, animals attacking a person or livestock, or loose livestock causing a danger or hazard.
Animals found will be collected on the next business day.
licensing and other fees
- Dog License $10
- Dog License renewal (altered) $5 annually
- Dog License renewal (unaltered) $20 annually
- Late Fee $17
- Cats are exempt from licensing fees
- Impound Fees
- Domestic animals, $32, plus $8 per day
- Second impound, $50, plus $8 per day
- Third impound and above, $100, plus $8 per day
- Livestock impound, $60, plus $12 per day
- Microchip Service $20
- Adoption $25 domestic (Sealed Bid for Livestock, or Public Auction)
Online Dog License Application Form
License Application/Renewal Form
- Cat Litter
- Cleaning Supplies
- Pet Carriers
- Pet Food (wet and dry)
- Pet Toys
- Any other pet related items
Please contact Animal Control 801-446-HELP, to arrange donations.