The South Jordan Community Center (Community Center) is a public facility intended for the use of residents of South Jordan City, South Jordan City Staff, as well as residents of surrounding cities. The Community Center is intended to be a welcoming and safe place for individuals to congregate and socialize. The facility also serves as a Senior Citizen Center, providing programs, events and services to adults aged 55 and older. Participants of the South Jordan Community Center are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that most people would find reasonable and that does not infringe on the enjoyment of other participants.
Participants agree to observe the following when attending the South Jordan Community Center:
- Smoking is not permitted in the Community Center at any time.
- Alcohol is not permitted in the Community Center at any time.
- Offensive language is not permitted in the Community Center.
- The Community Center structure, furnishings and fixtures must be treated with care and respect at all times.
- State and local policies, laws and regulations must be observed at all times.
Participants are expected to:
- Be able to function on their own or with the assistance of an escort, but independently from South Jordan City Staff or Community Center volunteers.
- Maintain personal hygiene that is healthy and inoffensive.
- Use voice, language and behavior that will not offend or disturb other participants or staff.
- Treat others with courtesy and consideration.
- Observe all state and local laws, policies, ordinances, and regulations.
- Use computers for personal projects and education. All usage must be appropriate, inoffensive, and may not interfere with the operation of the City's computer system. Participants are NOT to download or install any programs onto the city's computers. Computers are not secure; participants are responsible for the security of any personal information they make available.
Consequences of failing to observe the Code of Conduct are:
- Verbal warning by a staff member. Participants violating the Community Center Code of Conduct will be given a verbal warning by a South Jordan City Staff member. The participant will be asked to sign that they have read and understand the Code of Conduct. A copy of the signed Code of Conduct will be kept on file in the Director's office. If a major offense has occurred that requires law enforcement intervention, the participant will be asked to leave the Community Center immediately. Depending on the violation committed, the participant may be permanently expelled from the Community Center. Law enforcement may be contacted for any threat or incident of assault or for willful destruction of property.
- Written warning by Community Center Director. A second violation of the Community Center Code of Conduct will result in a meeting with the Center Director where a discussion of the violation and possible consequences of repeated violations will take place. Consequences may include suspension from the Community Center, and if repeated violations take place, expulsion may occur.
- Suspension: A third offense will result in a second meeting with the Center Director who will go over terms of suspension. Suspensions from the Community Center are one month in length. After suspension, any further violations will result in permanent expulsion from the Community Center.
- Expulsion. A fourth offense will result in permanent expulsion from the Community Center.
Depending upon the severity of the offense, suspension or expulsion may be enforced after the first or second offense.
Appeals to suspension or explusion can be made through the South Jordan City Managers office. The South Jordan City Managers office is located at 1600 West Towne Center Drive, South Jordan, Utah 84095.