About the Race
Tour of Utah is Coming to SoJo – Thursday, August 3
Here’s what you need to know:
- The South Jordan Fitness and Aquatic Center and the Community Center will be closed Thursday, August 3.
- South Jordan Public Works building Animal Control building and Fire Station 61 will not be accessible to the public on Thursday, August 3.
- Parking will be limit Spectators and volunteers are encouraged to carpool, walk, ride a bike to the start/finish line.
- Passing is NOT permitted by any motor vehicle along the road being used by the professional cyclists or authorized race caravan. Traffic is allowed to follow behind the race, but only at the same speed as the race, which averages 22 to 28 miles per hour.
- South Jordan Police and the Utah Highway Patrol will control all traffic at certain intersections. Some intersections will be treated as a rolling road closure.
- Join the Tour of Utah festivities beginning on Thursday, August 2 – August 3, Taste of South Jordan, Kids Zone, Concert, Autograph Alley, Aerialist Performances, Chalk Art, Kids Bike Race, Street Carnival and more. Activities are free and will be held at Heritage Park, 10800 South Redwood Road.
Tour of Utah Events and Activities
Tour of Utah Route through South Jordan
Residents and drivers should plan accordingly to avoid delays, specifically during the morning commute.
- The race will begin at 10996 South Redwood Road adjacent to City Park. This immediate area will be closed for race set up beginning at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, August 2. This area will reopen at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday August 3. A detour will be in place from 10996 South, along Beckstead Lane to 11010 South.
- The race will begin at 8:55 a.m. on Thursday, August 3, on Redwood Road and turn west onto 11400 South for 4.5 miles. Drivers can expect delays in this area between 8:45 a.m. – 9:20 a.m.
- The race will turn south on Mountain View Corridor and continue for 2 miles. Motorists traveling behind the race caravan may experience delays. Traffic traveling in the opposite direction on Mountain View Corridor should not experience any delays.
- From West 11400 South, the race will turn north on 4000 West, then east on South Jordan Parkway.
- The race will turn south on Redwood Road and begin 2 circuits around South Jordan City Park area: South on Redwood Road, right on West 11400 South, right on 2200 West, right on South Jordan Parkway, and right on Redwood Road. Expect delays in this area between 1:10 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The finish line will be located across from South Jordan City Park near the South Jordan Public Works building at 10996 South Redwood Road.
Click here for Tour of Utah Volunteer Information
Questions about the race, 801-446-HELP
Eileen – email@example.com
Katie – firstname.lastname@example.org