Rules & Regulations
1. Registration will only be accepted online at register.sjc.utah.gov
2. $25 registration is due on or before May 17, 2019, 4:00 p.m.
Registration after May 17, 2019 is $30 and a t-shirt is NOT guaranteed.
3. The registration fee provides each team/individual: 1 tote, 2 t-shirt’s, 1 box of thin chalk, hand wipes, and gloves.
-The surface is more bumpy and rough than average sidewalk concrete – we strongly encourage you to bring extra chalk with you if possible.
-Additional chalk may be available upon request, while supplies last, but is not guaranteed. Square Size: Adults – 6ft x 6ft and Youth – 5ft x 5ft
-Adult (18+), Teen (13-17), and Child (12 & under)
-Teams will be assigned an age category based on oldest team member
5. The South Jordan Arts Council and/or South Jordan City Staff reserve the right to disqualify any artwork that is deemed inappropriate.
6. If the artwork is not your own idea, please give credit to the original source.
7. Photos of the artwork will be taken and may be used for advertising purposes.
-All chalk art will be judged between 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m., regardless of completion.
-Use your time and space wisely. All decisions of the judges are final.
-Chalk art will be judged on Originality, Creativity, and Overall Artistic Impression.
9. Awards: Announced at 1:45 p.m.
*Registration fee only provides 2 t-shirts. Additional t-shirts (while supplies last) can be purchased for $5 each.
Art is for everyone! Join us September 24 – October 3 for the 12th Annual South Jordan Art Show. The Gale Center (10300 S. Beckstead Lane) will house incredible artwork from talented artists from our very own South Jordan community. Both adult and youth residents are welcome to submit pieces. The show is free and open to the public during the Gale Center’s hours of operation. Awards will be given to winning artists at the Artists Reception on Monday, September 23 at 6:30 PM. Thank you in advance for your support of the arts!
If you are interested in displaying your artwork in the show or have any questions, please contact Haley Greene at email@example.com.
Pieces can be dropped off at the Gale Center (10300 S. Beckstead Lane, South Jordan, UT) September 19 from 12 pm-5:30 pm and September 20 from 9 am to 12 pm.
Age Groups: Child (6 years – 9 years), Youth (10 years – 13 years), Teen (14 years – 17 years), Adult (18+), Professional (Artists that have ever been paid for their work)
Gale Center Hours/Art Show Hours:
Tuesday – Thursday
10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday & Monday