- Utility Billing Rates are available on the City Fee Schedule
Pay your utility bill
Final Assessment / Estimated Read Request
Termination of Utility Service Request Form
Occupant Billing Request Form
- Sewer Service
- Sewer service for South
Jordan City is provided by the South Valley Sewer District. For
questions concerning sewer connections please
call them at 801-571-1166.
- Garbage Collection
- View Garbage Collection Information
Billing statements are prepared and mailed by utility billing each month. The
monthly billing period is from the 21st to
the 20th. Water users are billed for water
used during the previous month. For example:
water services provided during the period
from 7/21 to 8/20 are due on or before 9/20.
Payments not received by the 20th of the
month are considered late and are assessed
late charges at 5% per month or $.50
whichever is larger.
- Meter Readings
The City reads all meters monthly. While the City reviews all reads before billing, it is important for the customer to review their bill each month and contact the City if there is a billing error.
- Delinquent Accounts
- Water bills are considered delinquent if
unpaid for 60 days. Water bills which are 60
days overdue, and have at least $40
outstanding, will result in water service
being discontinued. To re-establish service,
the customer must pay the outstanding account
in full, including a $75 reconnection fee.
- Returned Checks
- A $20 service charge will be added to the
water user's account if a check is returned
by the bank to the city. If that check was
used to pay a delinquent account, a 10-day shutoff notice will be sent and payment will be on a cash, credit card, or money order basis.
- Discontinuing Services
- Any water user who is moving from the service
address must notify the Water Department at
least 48 hours prior to discontinuing service
so that a final meter reading can be taken. For your convenience, a "Termination of Utility Service Request Form" is available at the top of this page.
Payment of the final bill will be due not
later than the 20th of the following month.
- Express Recovery Services is the City's external collections agency. Their phone number is 801-486-4182.
- Secondary Water
- Some of the subdivisions have secondary water
available to use. The charge for secondary
water can be found on our fee schedule. This is a flat fee and is charged year-round.
- Storm Water Fees
- Polluted storm water runoff is often transported to separate municipal storm sewer systems (MS4s) and ultimately discharged into local rivers and streams without treatment. EPA's Storm Water Phase II Rule establishes an MS4 storm water management program that is intended to improve the nation's water ways by reducing the quantity of pollutants that storm water picks up and carries into storm sewer systems, during storm events. Common pollutants include oil and grease from roadways, pesticides from lawns, sediment from construction sites, and carelessly discarded trash, such as cigarette butts, paper wrappers, and plastic bottles. When deposited into nearby waterways through MS4 discharges, these pollutants can impair the waterways, thereby discouraging recreational use of the resource, contaminating drinking water supplies, and interfering with the habitat for fish, other aquatic organisms and wildlife.
In 1990, EPA promulgated rules establishing phase II the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination Systems (NPDES) storm water program. Phase II requires South Jordan City to implement a storm water management program as a means to control polluted discharges from these MS4s. The Storm Water Phase II Rule extends coverage of the NPDES storm water program to certain "small" MS4s, but takes a slightly different approach to how the storm water management program is developed and implemented.
Storm water fees can be found here. This funding is necessary in order to comply with the clean water act and the Storm Water Phase II final rule.
More information on Storm Water.
Further questions may be referred to the South
Jordan City Information Center at (801) 254-3742, Monday
through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm (except holidays). Questions can also be directed to email@example.com.