- Building Department
Permits / Inspections
Apply for a permit or request an inspection on our Online Portal.
Building Codes & Design Criteria
Applicable Building Codes in use in South Jordan City
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC), including Appendix E and Q
- 2015 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code (ISPSC)
- Residential provisions of the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2020 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- 2018 International Building Code (IBC), including Appendix J
- 2018 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2018 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- Commercial provisions of the 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code (subject to HUD and IRC Appendix E)
- ICC / ANSI A117.1-2009
- Applicable Utah State Amendments (see Laws and Rules)
Design Criteria in South Jordan City
- Ground Snow Loads
- Seismic Zone: D
- Wind Load: 115 mph, Exposure C
- Frost Depth: 30 inches minimum from bottom of footing to finished grade.
- Certificate of Occupancy Commercial Checklist (PDF)
- Certificate of Occupancy Commercial Checklist / Tenant Finish (PDF)
- Owner/ Builder Certification (PDF)
- Trash Sanitation Notice (PDF)
- Water Line Criteria (PDF)
- Engineering Forms (Grading Plan Example and Certification)
- Storm Water Forms (SWPPP Templates and DEQ Storm Water Permit System)
- South Jordan City Water Efficient Landscaping Notice
Permit Application Checklists
Noise Disturbance Permit
Noise Disturbance Permit requires approval through Salt Lake County Health Department if a contractor wants to perform work prior to 7 am or to extend work past 10 pm.
- To access more information view Noise Disturbance Permit approval.
- A copy of the approved Noise Disturbance Permit for Construction Work is required to be given to the Building Department.
- Demolition Permit review requires pre-demolition approval from DEQ and SLCO.
- Approval certificates are required documents at time of application.
- Applicant is required to contact utility companies for service shut off.
- Visit the following links to access for information on pre-demolition approval.
Required plans and documents to be submitted with a Permit Application
- Basement Finish - Code Requirements (PDF)
- Basement Finish - Residential Remodel (PDF)
- Basement Plan Review (PDF)
- Commercial Buildings (PDF)
- Commercial Tenant Improvement (PDF)
- Detached Accessory Building Permit Application Requirements (PDF)
- New Residential Building Permit Submission Checklist (PDF)
- Residential Solar Photovoltaic System Plan Review Requirements (PDF)