- Public Works
- Garbage & Recycling
- Recycling Service
The City provides automated curbside collection of residential recyclable materials through Ace Recycling and Disposal. Monthly fees for recycling service can be found here on the City’s fee schedule. Recycle containers are provided and maintained through the City’s Sanitation Division. The recycling containers are 96 gallons and have the word “Recycle” marked on them.
Things That Can Be Recycled
After a re-evaluation of the recycling program based on resident survey results, new numbers and additional research, the following 4 types of items can be recycled.
- Plastic bottles with necks
- Aluminum and Tin Cans
- Mixed Paper
Things That Can’t Be Recycled
- Plastic Bags
- Plastics other than bottles with necks (i.e. no prescription medicine bottles)
- Food stained items (greasy pizza boxes)
- Food Waste
- Construction material
- Green Waste (lawn clippings, leaves, branches)
- Plastic sheeting or tarps
- Paper towels, napkins, toilet paper
- Hazardous materials
- Styrofoam (including dissolving styrofoam)
- PVC Pipe
- Glass Bottles
- Aluminum Foil
- Paper Coffee Cups
The county maintains a list of items that are difficult to recycle so we don’t accept them in our curbside bins.
- What can I put in my curbside recycling can?
- What paper and cardboard items can I recycle in my curbside can?
- What types of plastic can a recycle in my curbside can?
- When recycling plastic bottles, should I keep the lid on or off?
- When recycling plastics, why not use the recycling numbers 1 through 7?
- Why can't plastic sheeting or small plastic items be picked up for recycling?
- Where can I take my plastic sheeting and grocery store bags to be recycled?
- Can plastic pill bottles be recycled?
- Where can I drop off glass recycling?
- What is the pick up day for my recycling?
- Which holidays will delay collection of my recycle can?
- Should I rinse my recyclables?
- Do I need to take labels off my cans?
- Are napkins and paper towels recyclable?
- Can I recycle my pizza box?
- Can I recycle my plastic grocery bags?
- Where can I take my TV and electronics (E-waste)?
- Where do I take household hazardous waste?
- Where I can recycle old tires?
- Where can I drop off bulk recycling?
- Where can I recycle fluorescent light bulbs?
- Where can I recycle my mattress?
- How can I recycle my refrigerator?
- Why doesn't the City recycle green waste?
- What is this tag (Nice Job, Oops, and Uh-Oh) on my recycling can?
- Are fast food drink cups recyclable?
- Why does what can be recycled change?