This project is being managed by UDOT. For quicker response to all questions and concerns, please contact them directly. For the most current information about this project, visit UDOT’s project website.
Work on the 3200 West Safety and Widening project, from 10431 South to 10600 South, is now underway.
UDOT and South Jordan City will construct a Safety and Widening project along 3200 West, from 10431 South to 10600 South. The project will install new sidewalk, as well as traditional curb and gutter, along the east side of this segment to improve pedestrian safety. In order to achieve this, this section of 3200 West will also need to be slightly widened to the west, to make room for the new east-side elements. Some drainage improvements and utility adjustments are also included in the project.
Upcoming Work Activities (as of 7/30/20)
- Road demolition and excavation activities will continue through August 10.
- Due to some delays from the various utility companies, utility relocations will be taking place intermittently through the end of next week.
- Rocky Mountain Power is scheduled to be on site to remove their existing electrical poles, and bury the existing power lines in the ground, from August 3-14.
- Crews will be pouring the new concrete curb and gutter on August 10.
- During the week of August 10, crews will be conducting preparation work for the new concrete driveway approaches and sidewalk along the corridor to be poured. Some new concrete sidewalk panels may be poured during the week as well.
- We remind residents and pedestrians to not walk or drive on newly-poured concrete, as it requires several days of cure time.
- Additional asphalt patching and paving of the roadway shoulders will take place on August 20 and 21.
*Schedule subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
- During construction, motorists should anticipate uneven road surfaces, steel plates in the roadway, and minor travel delays.
- One lane will remain open in each direction the majority of the time, but there will be intermittent occurrences of one-way traffic guided by flaggers.
- There are NO LEFT TURNS from northbound or southbound 3200 West onto 10400 South.
- The sidewalk is closed to pedestrians on the east and west side of the work zone. If you are walking, running, or biking, please plan to use an alternate route.
- Property and business access along the corridor will be maintained.
- For your safety and the safety of those working in the area, please exercise caution, mind the flaggers, stay alert, and reduce speeds while driving through construction zones.
- Motorists are reminded to watch out for trucks entering and leaving the work zone.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the State of Utah recommends wearing a cloth face mask in public settings. In accordance with this guideline, anyone approaching personnel working on site should wear a face mask to protect themselves and our team. Visit coronavirus.utah.gov for detailed guidelines for individuals and businesses.