Urban Center & Bees Stadium Project
Welcome to the city's information hub for the project in South Jordan that includes an urban center and entertainment district, including the new Bees stadium. The City addresses key impacts of the Larry H. Miller (LHM) Company project in its Daybreak development: transit, traffic, housing, infrastructure, conservation, responsible finances, city commerce, and public safety. The City of South Jordan, in collaboration with LHM, will prioritize resident communication, ensuring early updates on traffic, transit changes, and infrastructure developments. The city is committed to smart planning, including efficient transportation, water conservation, and outdoor recreation opportunities, and will keep those priorities top of mind as it collaborates with the company. Explore our FAQs, featuring detailed insights on traffic management, infrastructure improvements, economic development, and public safety. Join us on this transformative journey as we welcome this one-of-a-kind project to our city.
“The City of South Jordan is proud to welcome this urban center project in the Daybreak planned community to the fastest-growing area within Salt Lake County. This mixed-use urban center is a regional destination for families, jobs, housing, sports and entertainment, dining and retail, and outdoor recreation. It truly is where urban meets nature, and we are excited to welcome our community and friends to join the experience.”
~South Jordan Mayor Dawn Ramsey
For project-specific questions, please visit LHM’s project website. This page will answer questions specific to the city’s involvement and potential impacts on residents.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How will the City ensure that the new stadium neighborhood is safe?
- How will the police department handle the increased number of people in our city on game nights?
- How will the police department minimize impacts to those living in the area of the new development?
- Do we have enough Fire Department staff, equipment, and facilities to handle the growth that this development entails?
- Does the police department have enough staff to handle the growth that this development entails?
- How will the City make sure the infrastructure is enough to handle the growth associated with this development?
- Are there any significant infrastructure improvements we can expect with the Bees stadium and the new urban center?
- What is the City doing to ensure this project and others consider conservation and the environment, like water, parks, trees, and air quality?
- What types of businesses can we expect to see in the new development?
- How will the new urban development and the Bees Stadium impact economic development in South Jordan?
- How will the new development impact existing businesses?
- What is the City’s economic development relationship with Daybreak and LHM?