As a city, South Jordan has many residents and entities it works with to achieve city-wide goals. One of the most impactful of those relationships is with Larry H. Miller Real Estate and the Daybreak Community Association.
As many residents are familiar with South Jordan’s water-wise rebate programs, residents in Daybreak have often been unsure of which programs they can take advantage of and still be in compliance with Daybreak's community standards.
We’re excited to announce that in response to drought and increased demand for water-wise options from residents, Larry H. Miller Real Estate, the Daybreak Community Association and the City of South Jordan are working together to make water conservation easier for residents.
Daybreak has expanded landscape standards to allow for a “flip your strip” program for residents. If residents select from one of the pre-approved park strip templates, then the design application fee required by the Association will be waived through the end of the year. If a resident in Daybreak wants to come up with their own design, they can submit an application and will need to pay the design application fee.
The City, in collaboration with Daybreak, will offer items in the rebate program that comply with Daybreak’s standards, including rock mulch and hardscape items like concrete and stone. Daybreak residents will need to submit their approval letter from the Daybreak Community Association to take advantage of the plant rebate program.
The following are the nearly $1,500 worth of rebates and items all residents can receive through the City’s water conservation program.
- Water-wise plant rebate – residents can receive a rebate of up to $300 for water-wise plants.
- Free rock mulch – the City will provide free rock mulch if you flip your strip.
- Toilet replacement rebate – receive up to $200 after you replace an old high flush toilet with a water efficient one.
- Fixture replacement rebate – receive up to $200 to replace a high-flow shower head with a water-sense one.
- Hardscape rebate – receive up to $500 for removing turf grass from your yard and replacing it with concrete, pavers, decks or patios.
Thank you for partnering with us, residents, to continue to lead the way in conserving water in Salt Lake County.
For details about all rebates and requirements visit watersmartsojo.org.