The South Jordan Police Department wants to remind you that porch pirate season is upon us. Here are some quick tips for keeping your holidays merry by not giving thieves a chance to steal your holiday spirit.
- Use alternate delivery options. You can request delivery companies to leave packages in your garage or inside your home. Or, you can simply shop locally!
- Hide packages. Have a package box on your porch that can hide your packages from view. You can also add a lock code to these that you can share with your delivery service.
- Talk to your neighbors. If you won't be around for package delivery, ask a neighbor to pick it up for you.
- Ship to the store or place of employment. You can ship directly to the store in many cases and pick it up there. You can also ship it to your place of employment.
- Signature on delivery. One way to ensure your package isn't sitting there for thieves to snatch is to have your packages delivered only if someone is there to sign.