Follow these tips to make sure you correctly recycle this holiday season:
- Bows and ribbons – Any bows, ribbons, or other stringy material does not belong in your recycling bin. Choose to reuse or create bows out of plain wrapping paper.
- Wrapping paper – Plain wrapping paper can be recycled. Wrapping paper that contains glitter, foil, or other foreign materials cannot be recycled.
- Plastic wrap – Bubble wrap and other plastic packaging materials are not recyclable. Reuse packaging materials and toss what you can’t reuse in the trash.
- Keep your recyclables dry – Keep the lid closed on your recycling bin this winter. Flatten or cut down any boxes that may not allow your lid to close all the way.
- Electronics – Dispose your old electronics correctly. Check with Salt Lake County’s website for safe disposal instructions.
If you have any questions about a particular item, please send us an email.