The City’s Engineering Division manages large construction projects for the culinary water, secondary water, storm drain, parks, transportation systems, and city facilities. The list below is a highlight of some of the current projects and planned future projects the City will undertake this construction season.
- UDOT 10400 South Bangerter Interchange: Construction will wrap up this spring on the Bangerter Highway and 10400 South interchange. For further information please see the project website: www.udot.utah.gov/bangerter10400south
- 10755 South Culvert Replacement: A culvert located on 10755 South at 2860 West is currently being replaced. 10755 South will be closed to traffic and a temporary access has been constructed off of 3200 West. The project is expected to be complete by the end of March.
- Bingham Creek Regional Park: Construction continues on Bingham Creek Regional Park located at 4800 West and 10200 South. This work is being done by Salt Lake County. It is anticipated that landscaping will take place in the spring and the park will start opening for public use in the summer.
- 10550 South Roadway Improvements: Road Improvements will be completed on 10550 South this spring. Once the weather has warmed up crews will finish landscape repair and remaining items.
- 2200 West: Landscaping and streetlights will be installed on sections between 9400 South to 9800 South and 10400 South to 11400 South.
- Waterline Replacement Project: A culinary water pipe replacement project is anticipated to begin this spring. Waterlines will be replaced in 10755 South, Y Worry Lane and Skye Drive. This project will likely continue through the fall.
- Ashford Acres Waterline Replacements: Work will begin this spring on the replacement of both culinary and secondary waterline in the Ashford Acres subdivision.
- Street Maintenance Projects: Road overlays, micro-surfaces, slurry seals, and seal coats taking place in various locations. Work will begin in May and continue through September. Homeowners will be notified if their streets will be impacted.
- Secondary Water Pump Station on the Welby Canal: A new secondary water pump station is planned to be constructed on the Welby Canal at 10200 South. This pump station will feed secondary water to the new Bingham Creek Regional Park and other large areas of greens pace. This project is anticipated to begin this spring with completion in the fall of 2022.
- Brook N Lance: A project to install new storm drain in Brook N Lance will begin this spring. Curb and gutter, sidewalk and shoulder improvements will be installed this summer on 2200 West from 9400 South to 9800 South and 10400 South to 11400 South. This project is expected to start in April with completion expected in October of 2022.
- Heritage Park Splash Pad: The City is currently bidding a new splash pad to be located in Heritage Park at 10800 South Redwood Road. If there is adequate budget to complete this project work will begin this summer.
- Welby Canal Extension: The City is anticipating two trail projects on the Welby Jacob Canal. The first extension of the canal trail is from 9800 South to the city boundary with West Jordan. The second section will be completed from 11400 South to 11800 South.
- Midas Creek Tail: Work will begin this spring on a pedestrian trail and bridge on the Midas Creek from 11800 south to 2700 West.
- Google Fiber: Google will begin work of installing their fiber optic throughout the City this spring. This will impact the majority of city streets within the next year and a half.
We realize that construction can be an inconvenience at times and we ask for your patience as we continue to make South Jordan a great place to live, work and play. For further information on these projects and other construction related questions please visit the Construction Projects tab on the City website or give the city a call at 801-446-HELP.