Mayor Dawn R. Ramsey is honored to be serving her second term as Mayor of the City of South Jordan, having taken office on January 2, 2018. During her service she has strived to maintain the City’s high quality of life far into the future by keeping a determined focus on public safety, economic development, housing, transportation infrastructure, education, preservation of open space, overall management of rapid growth, access to opportunity, and representation at every level. The City of South Jordan continues achieving extraordinary progress and success thanks to her service and collaboration on more than 30 boards and committees across the state, holding top leadership positions on many of them.
Mayor Ramsey’s passion for the City of South Jordan stems from her years of service in the community for several nonprofits, with over 25 years of experience managing and leading large organizations. During her service on the Utah PTA Board of Directors and as Region Director over all schools in the Jordan School District, she spent thousands of hours with parents, teachers, administrators, legislators, and state organizations advocating for the health, safety, and educational opportunities of every child across the state. While serving as the President of the Jordan Education Foundation, a board she still serves on, she worked to engage the community and local business leaders to help bridge the gap in education funding to provide resources that enhance educational experiences, strengthen students, and fuel success in the Jordan School District.
Mayor Ramsey was born and raised in the Salt Lake Valley, graduating from Cyprus High School and attending Salt Lake Community College and the University of Utah. She officially graduates from Brigham Young University in May 2023 with a degree in Family Science with an emphasis in Political Science and Civic Engagement Leadership. Mayor Ramsey is a master at public relations and collaboration. Her experience in the public and private sectors, commitment to family and community, and love for the City of South Jordan, coupled with her vision, leadership, and dedication to working with all stakeholders to plan for continued growth has prepared her well for her role as Mayor of the City of South Jordan.
Mayor Ramsey is a sixth generation Utahn and proud of her pioneer heritage. She is most proud of her role as wife, mother, and grandmother. Her husband, Dan, works as an IT executive and together their greatest joys are their six children, two sons-in-law, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. The Ramsey's have lived in South Jordan for almost two decades and are a community service-minded family, with each member spending countless hours volunteering time and talents to various civic, non-profit, school, and church organizations and events.
Mayor Ramsey's Current Boards and Committees:
- Conference of Mayors (COM) Voting Member
- Conference of Governments (COG) Former Chair
- EDCUtah Board of Trustees Public Sector Vice Chair
- Envision Utah Board Member
- Healthy South Jordan Member
- IHC Salt Lake Valley Hospitals Board of Trustees
- IHC Salt Lake Valley Health Community Outreach Committee Member
- Jordan Education Foundation (JEF) President
- Jordan River Commission Governing Board Member
- Jordan School District Safe Schools Advisory Committee
- Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District (JVWCD) Board of Trustees
- Olene Walker Housing Loan Fund (OWHLF) Board Member
- Point of the Mountain Stakeholder Working Group Chair
- Point of the Mountain State Land Authority Board of Trustees
- Point of the Mountain Transportation Committee Member
- Resilient Utah Board Member
- Salt Lake County Council of Governments (COG) Former Chair
- Salt Lake County Council of Governments (COG) Public Works Committee
- South Valley Chamber of Commerce
- South Valley Sewer Board of Trustees
- Southwest Mayors Coalition Member
- Southwest Salt Lake Valley Caucus (During Legislative Session)
- State Drinking Water Board Member
- State Growth and Incentives Subcommittee
- State Unified Economic Opportunities Commission
- Utah League of Cities and Towns (ULCT) Former President 2022
- Utah League of Cities and Towns Legislative Policy Committee (LPC) Former Chair
- Uplift Families PR and Education Advisory Committee
- Wasatch Front Regional Growth Committee Chair
- Wasatch Front Regional Council (WFRC) Chair
- Western Growth Coalition Member
South Jordan City Hall
1600 W. Towne Center Dr.
South Jordan, UT 84095
Term expires January 6, 2026