**UPDATED Road Closure for the UDOT Project: 1300 W Safety & Widening Project
Purpose: Acme will be closing 3200 W to pave the road.
Duration: The road closure is scheduled August 20, 2020 until the end of the day on August 21, 2020.
Location: 3200 W between South Jordan Pkwy & Bison Ridge Rd. (10625 S)
Impact: The proposed traffic control is as follows:
– Road closed barricades will be place at 3200 W on South Jordan Pkwy and Bison Ridge Road.
– No Left or Right turns signs will be placed on South Jordan Pkwy.
– Traffic traveling eastbound on South Jordan Pkwy will be detoured to 3125 W.
– Traffic traveling westbound on South Jordan Pkwy will be detoured to Willow Valley Rd (3280 W).
– There will be ‘Road closed’ barricades at the entrance of Harvest Villas – this has already been approved.
– The contractor shows that the detour signs will be placed at 3200 W starting on Alpine Creek Way to direct traffic to River Heights Dr.
– The contractor shows a soft closure from Alpine Creek Way to the construction zone (Bison Ridge Rd) with ‘Road Closed to Thru Traffic’ barricade.
Purpose: The project will install new sidewalk, as well as traditional curb and gutter, along the east side of this segment to improve pedestrian safety. In order to achieve this, this section of 3200 West will also need to be slightly widened to the west, to make room for the new east-side elements. Some drainage improvements and utility adjustments are also included in the project.
Duration: The project is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, May 26th.
Location: 3200 W from 10431 S to 10600 S
Funding: Federal Funding
- During construction, motorists should anticipate minor travel delays during work hours, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- One lane will remain open in each direction the majority of the time, but there will be intermittent occurrences of one-way traffic guided by flaggers.
- There will be NO LEFT TURNS from northbound or southbound 3200 West onto 10400 South.
- The sidewalk will be closed on the west side of the work zone. Pedestrians should plan to use an alternate route.
- Property and business access along the corridor will be maintained.
For more information please visit UDOT’s Website.
Images & Maps: