While practicing safe social distancing we thought it would be fun to host a SoJo Photo Contest! Show us why you love SoJo in photo form! We invite all ages and skill levels to participate. The categories are: SoJo Scenery, SoJo Family, and SoJo Pets. All photos must be taken in SoJo, comply with the SoJo Photo Contest rules, and comply with all CDC COVID-19 recommendations.
All entries must be submitted online by March 27, 2020 by 3:00 pm.
All entries should contain a brief description of your picture, a signed contest entry agreement, any waivers from those featured in the photo, and a .jpg photo submission (must be 8 MB (3264X2448) in size). You must also own the copyright to any photo submitted. **Please no more than 3 entries per person**
Register online and submit each photo entry by clicking on the link: Submit your photo here
All photographs submitted for consideration in the SoJo Photo Contest 2020 must be family-friendly and depict something that generally fits within one of the following categories:
- SoJo Scenery
- SoJo Family
- SoJo Pets
- 40% based on relation to the category
- 30% based on creativity
- 30% based on originality
Based upon the criteria the Judges will choose one winning photograph from each of the three categories.
Online public voting will take place between March 30 – April 2, 2020. We will post the photos on the City of South Jordan Facebook page. The public is allowed to vote on their favorite by “liking” the picture. The photograph receiving the most votes will be awarded the Public’s Choice award.
Winners will be announced on April 3, 2020. There will be one Grand Prize and a First place winner in each category.
The photograph receiving the most votes on Facebook will be awarded the Public’s Choice award of $50.
Photo Release/Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall also apply:
- By submitting a photograph to the SoJo Photo Contest 2020, Applicant understands and agrees that the City may use any photograph submitted, whether timely or not, for the City’s own purposes, including (but not limited to) marketing campaigns, social media sites, websites, and official documents and publications, and may make any edits to said photographs or combine said photographs with other images and media, which the City, in its sole discretion, chooses to make. However, the City will not edit any photograph until after the Judging and voting is complete.
- Applicant represents and warrants that any photograph submitted to the SoJo Photo Contest by Applicant is the original products of the Applicant, and does not violate any intellectual property rights, or any other rights of any kind enjoyed by any individual or entity, nor do any of Applicant’s submissions feature artwork or intellectual property created or owned by another individual or entity.
- Applicant must obtain a written waiver of any image rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights of a person or object depicted in a submitted photograph. In addition to the waiver required Applicant must also obtain a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license from said person (or owner of the object) to publicly display, distribute, reproduce, and create derivative works which include that person or object at no cost to the City. A copy of said waiver and license must accompany this Agreement.
- Applicant agrees to execute such other documents and to take such other action as may be reasonably necessary to further the purposes of this Agreement.
- Applicant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the City against all claims, damages, lawsuits, losses, liabilities, liens, costs, citations, penalties, fines and expenses, including (but not limited to) attorneys’ fees, arising out of or resulting from the submission of Applicant’s submitted photographs.
- Time is of the essence with this Agreement, as well as every term, covenant, and condition contained herein.
- If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall, nevertheless, be construed, performed, and enforced as if the invalidated or unenforceable provision had not been included I the text of the Agreement.