This competition is open to all ages and abilities.
Age Categories: Student (19 and under) & Professional
Bands with members 19 and under may enter the professional category instead of the student category if they wish.
1st Place: $5,000 cash prize | 40 hr recording studio session at Audio Inn Recording in Salt Lake City
2nd Place: $2,500 cash prize | 2 song demo package at Audio Inn Recording in Salt Lake City
Student Category: (every member must be a teenager)
1st Place: $1,000 cash prize | 2 song demo package at Audio Inn Recording in Salt Lake City
2nd Place: $500 cash prize
Audio Inn Recording in Salt Lake City
Round 1 Video Submissions
Due April 2, 2020
Thank you for your interest in the SoJo Summerfest Battle of the Bands. By entering this competition, each member of your band must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- This is an all-ages, family-oriented community event. Music lyrics must be clean. The performance must be free of all violence, vulgarity, lewdness, sexual content, and adult language. Failure to comply with these standards will result in disqualification from the competition.
- This competition will take place in three rounds as described below. If a band advances to the final round, they will be competing with a 25-minute live set at South Jordan City’s SoJo Summerfest on June 5, 2020
- Bands chosen to advance will be chosen by judges.
- Individuals may only enter in one band and the individuals in each band should remain constant.
- Each band must have at least three members.
Round 1 Video Submission:
- Each group will submit one four (4) minute video of their band performing one song they feel best represents their group. Any band going over their time limit may be disqualified or have points deducted. Submissions due April 2, 2020.
- Entries will be judged by an internal committee, the bands progressing to Round 2 will be notified on April 13, 2020.
Round 2 Video Submission:
- Each advancing group will be required to submit a video of their band playing two additional songs for a total of ten (10) minutes. Songs must include one cover song and one original song OR two cover songs. Videos must be submitted before April 20, 2020. Any band going over their time limit or fail to have additional videos submitted on time may be disqualified or have points deducted.
- Entries from both rounds will be judged by our professional judges. The bands progressing to the final round will be announced on May 1, 2020.
- If a band advances to the final round, they will be competing with a 25-minute live set at South Jordan City’s SoJo Summerfest on June 5, 2020.
- Winners from each category will perform a final 45-minute set on Saturday, June 6, 2020.
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Natalie Domino at email@example.com.