SoJo Summerfest Parade
September 18, 9:00 am
NEW ROUTE, NEW LOCATION
***IMPORTANT PARADE PARKING INFORMATION********
Parade attendees will NOT be able to access the parade from 11400 South.
Parade attendees may access parking
1) at the race track parking lot for the Salt Lake County Equestrian Park
from 10400 South and 2200 West or
2) access the softball parking lots from Redwood Road.
- The Parade Route will begin at 11010 S, 2200 W. will run north on 2200 W, and turn east on to Park Road, then will run through City Park and end at South City Park baseball field parking (see map).
- Unloading of vehicles and participant pick up will take place in the South City Park baseball field parking
Information for Parade Entrants:
- The parade will begin at 9:00 a.m. SHARP. The earliest staging time will begin at 7:15 a.m. on 2200 W. (2200 W & 10900 S). All entries must enter from 11400 S and 2200 W via northbound traffic only. All southbound traffic on 2200 West will be closed.
- All entries must check-in and proceed to their pre-assigned staging location promptly. Watch for signs along 2200 W for your check-in entrance. All entries must be in place by 8:30 a.m.
- By September 10th, the entry contact name will receive – in an email – a parade number, staging time, route map, line-up and staging information. Please adhere to your staging time. All entry participants must arrive at your assigned time. Your parade number must be visible to the parade announcers and must be placed on the front of the entry or may be carried by a walker.
This year’s parade is limited to the first 100 entries. Each entry must have completed a timely application. Any unpermitted entry will be escorted off the parade route.
Please be sure to communicate these rules to everyone in your entry. Only one copy of these rules is attached to each entry form.
If motorized vehicles will be included, each entry will be limited to 4 vehicles. Drivers of motorized vehicles must have valid Utah driver licenses.
- Speed will not exceed 5 mph while participating in the parade.
- Inappropriate/reckless driving will not be tolerated by motor vehicles.
- Do not allow participants to hang off the sides of moving vehicles.
- All participants in an entry are strongly encouraged to help the driver watch for children along the parade route as they occasionally run in front of a driver to grab poorly tossed candy and souvenirs.
All minors riding bicycles, using skateboards, scooters, or roller blades must wear appropriate safety equipment.
Appropriate music or sound may be used by an entry; however, no air horns or excessive noise/music is permitted.
Propelling water at parade spectators along the route is strictly prohibited. Water guns and/or water balloons are not permitted in the parade.
Do not throw or shoot candy, paper, or souvenirs at spectators. However, a gentle “UNDERHAND” toss is acceptable.
All animal entries must arrange to provide their own accompanying clean-up crews.
Keep within 20 – 30 feet of the entry in front of you. Do not pause during the parade except to maintain proper distance, or during an emergency.
City and parade officials reserve the right to eject any entry at any time failing to comply with parade rules and regulations, or posing safety risks to their participants or spectators.