Rules and Guidelines
- $10 resident/$20 non-resident registration fee is due by Thursday, July 8, 2021 at 12:00 pm. Register at register.sjc.utah.gov.
- 5,000 words or less
- Categories include: works of poetry, short stories, first chapters, and personal essays
- Each category will be divided into two groups: youth (12-17) and adults (18+)
- Only one entry per author will be accepted
- To keep the submission anonymous, the entrant’s name can only appear on the title page and the title must be on each page.
- Submissions should
- Be in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format
- Use a 12-point standard font (Times New Roman or Courier)
- Be double spaced with one-inch margins
- Unpublished works only
- Works may NOT include:
- Discriminatory Content (ableism, racism, sexism, homophobia, or transphobia, etc.)
- Copyrighted Materials
- Overly Controversial Content
- Submissions will be scored on a scale of 1 to 10 in the following categories:
- Writing style (voice)
- Plot Structure
- Quality of writing
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category.
Submit Entry Here