Block Party Permit Application

This form has moved, to the Connect Portal at

A Block Party Permit is for residents of a neighborhood that is located on a single block face, does not block an intersection, and requires temporarily closing down a non-arterial street/sidewalk.

A Block Party Permit application must be submitted at least seven (7) days prior to the event. This application does not constitute an authorization to proceed until email approval is received from South Jordan City.  There are no fees associated with a Block Party Permit.

You will be responsible for obtaining your own barricades for the road closure.  Barricades must meet MUTDC definition for a Type 3 barricade (MUTCD Section 6F.68).  The City of South Jordan will loan Type 3 barricades with a deposit.  Please contact the South Jordan Public Works Department at (801)254-3742 for more information on obtaining the required barricades.  A ten foot (10’) emergency lane must be left open and free of obstruction in case of emergency.

Type 3 barricade:

Questions? Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about a Block Party Permit please email or call 801-254-3742.