It’s the most wonderful time of the year! That means Black Friday and Cyber Monday purchases, as well as other brown paper packages, will soon stack up on porches throughout South Jordan City. Unfortunately, the Grinch and his followers are slinking around waiting to ruin your holiday spirit by stealing presents. By following some simple tips, you can help reduce crime in your neighborhood. The best method to reduce the number of thefts in your area is to eliminate the opportunity.
If you do not receive your shipment on time, check with the vendor and confirm the delivery. If the delivery occurred and you did not receive it, report the loss to the vendor and the shipping company. Thefts can be reported to the South Jordan Police Department by calling 801-840-4000 or by completing an online report.
Make sure your holiday shopping is successful and all your little Whos are happy by not giving the Grinch a chance! Who knows, maybe his heart will grow three sizes this year.
- Install a security camera on your porch.
- Have deliveries sent to your workplace.
- Track your shipments by phone, online, or by carrier app so you know what day they should arrive.
- Keep an eye on your neighborhood and report suspicious persons and vehicles – see something, say something!
- Request a signature delivery option.
- Have the shipment sent to a local carrier office or an authorized pick up point.
- Properly secure your anti-theft and security devices.