ARTS PROGRAMS & EVENTS
Rules and Guidelines
- $10 resident/$20 non-resident registration fee is due by Thursday, July 8, 2021 at 12:00 pm. Register at register.sjc.utah.gov.
- 5,000 words or less
- Categories include: works of poetry, short stories, first chapters, and personal essays
- Each category will be divided into two groups: youth (12-17) and adults (18+)
- Only one entry per author will be accepted
- To keep the submission anonymous, the entrant’s name can only appear on the title page and the title must be on each page.
- Submissions should
- Be in .doc, .docx, or .rtf format
- Use a 12-point standard font (Times New Roman or Courier)
- Be double spaced with one-inch margins
- Unpublished works only
- Works may NOT include:
- Discriminatory Content (ableism, racism, sexism, homophobia, or transphobia, etc.)
- Copyrighted Materials
- Overly Controversial Content
- Submissions will be scored on a scale of 1 to 10 in the following categories:
- Writing style (voice)
- Plot Structure
- Quality of writing
- Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in each category.
Submit Entry Here
Art Class with Nancy is a monthly, creativity-based, four-class, art course for boys and girls ages 2nd-6th grade. Each month focuses on a new project. For more information please visit www.artclasswithnancy.com
Sign up early, space is limited! Register online at register.sjc.utah.gov! Register under Activities for Registration – Arts Programming – Art Class with Nancy.
JUNE CLASSES: Still Life/Stuffed Animals – June 2, 9, 16, & 23 Important: (Parents are asked to supply their child with – a set of Colored pencils, a set of Colored Markers, and an 8 count Water Color Paint Set)
JULY CLASSES: Fiber Art – July 7, 14, 21, & 28 Important: (Parents are asked to supply their child with – white, cotton, t-shirt they will need to bring Sharpie Markers in their choice of colors)
)SEPTEMBER CLASSES: Animal Art – September 1, 8, 15, & 22 Important: (Parents are asked to supply their child with – a set of Colored pencils, a set of Colored Markers, and an 8 count Water Color Paint Set)
Please see www.artclasswithnancy.com for details. Class Schedule: Day 1: Draw, Day 2: Paint, Day 3: Draw, Day 4: Paint **There are no makeup classes so students must attend all classes to keep up with the schedule**
The instructor will provide – Hand Sanitizer, Cleaning Supplies, Water Bowls, Paper Towels, Paint Brushes, and Instruction. TUITION REDUCED to $40.00 to compensate for students bringing their own supplies.
COVID-19 guidelines will be followed. If your child is sick, please keep them home. Follow proper hygiene guidelines – soap or hand sanitizer will be provided in the classroom. Parents must stay in the car and students will be spaced 6ft from other students.