ARTS PROGRAMS & EVENTS
We could all use a little extra holiday cheer this year! Join us in “lighting up” South Jordan and Salt Lake Valley by participating in the 2020 Holiday Lights Tour! Cities from around Salt Lake County are teaming up to bring you a Holiday Lights Tour like never before! Visit homes from South Jordan, Bluffdale, Herriman, Midvale, Millcreek, South Salt Lake, and West Jordan! To register your home, take the tour, or vote for your favorite house, visit bit.ly/lightstourut!
Registration begins on Monday, November 23rd and will remain open until December 21st. Register early for a better chance to win the People’s Choice Award!
Rules and Guidelines:
- Do not cover/interfere with any fire safety equipment or walkways
- Keep everything family-friendly
- Homes must be located in a participating city
- Winners will be announced on social media and all winners will receive an email
- Judging will only include the portion of your house/yard that is visible from the driveway or street
- Decorated houses should remain decorated through December 26th
Looking for other holiday activities in South Jordan? Check out our Virtual Light the Night event here!
Test your baking and decorating skills in South Jordan’s annual amateur Gingerbread House Contest! Gingerbread House submissions are due on Monday, November 30 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM at South Jordan City Hall. The Gingerbread Houses will be on display in City Hall from December 1 – December 10. We can’t wait to see what you bake up!
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Closed- Saturday and Sunday
- Judging will take place on Monday, November 30. Please remember this is an amateur contest and that Judges’ decisions are final.
- The People’s Choice voting will start Tuesday, December 1 at 8:00 am and will go until Friday, December 4th at 12:00 pm in City Hall.
- Winners will be announced via the City of South Jordan Facebook Page.
Make Candy Windows a holiday tradition! Join South Jordan City for our Virtual Light the Night event to kick off the most wonderful time of year! Take a stroll down Towne Center Drive and enjoy the incredible Candy Window displays. The Candy Window exhibits will be displayed in storefront windows on December 1st – December 31st.
Featured Artists: Krista Johanson and Jennifer Vesper
- Salt Lake County Library
- West Doors of City Hall
- East Doors of City Hall
- Painting with a Twist
- South Jordan City Hall Annex
- Flake Pie Company
- Farmers Insurance
- Elements Massage