Upcoming Road Closures
streets & lighting
The streets division is dedicated to providing safe, well-maintained roads for all citizens who reside, conduct business, or travel through the community. In addition to roads, the Streets Division maintains: street lights, street signs, sidewalks, provides graffiti removal (for City owned property) and snow removal. Requests for maintenance, additional street signs, potholes, street light outages, etc. can be made through the Service Request here or by calling 801-446-HELP.
The Public Works Department operates snow plow crews throughout the winter. These crews are prepared to operate during snow events, 24-hours a day and 7-days a week as necessary. Crews will be called out after one inch of snow has accumulated on the roads. Generally all Service Levels are plowed simultaneously, however during severe winter storms, main streets may take precedence for safety reasons.
Service Level 1– Main streets and hills.
Service Level 2– All residential streets and school ADA routes.
Service Level 3– Cul-de-sacs and the drive-thru section of alley ways.
Click here for service request
Parking During a Snow Event: Municipal Code 10.20.010
- Parking Restrictions: The accumulation of one inch (1″) or more of snow upon the public right of way shall be considered a “snow event”. During the period from November 1 through March 1, parking in the public right of way is only allowed on the side of the street with even building numbers during a snow event and for a period of twenty-four (24) hours after the end of a snow event.
- Exceptions To Parking Restrictions: The parking restrictions shall not apply in the following circumstances:
- Where “no parking” signs are posted on the allowable side (even building numbers), cars will be allowed to park on the opposite side of the road, unless no parking signs are located on both sides of the road.
- Where a public road is divided by a landscaped median with one-way travel in each direction.
- Vehicles may park for not more than five (5) minutes on the restricted side of the road when loading or unloading passengers.
- Vehicles may park for not more than thirty (30) minutes when loading on the restricted side of the road, when unloading or delivering property or supplies.
- Medical, fire, police, city maintenance, or other emergency vehicles during emergency response shall not be limited by parking restrictions.
- A person may apply to the city for authorization for all night parking on the restricted side when the same is required by emergency or other unusual circumstances. The chief of police shall be the sole judge as to the necessity and requirement for the authorized all night parking.
To view the online map showing restricted parking areas during a snow storm click here.
Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
After hours – 801-840-4000