This event is for both artists and residents. Once the art is complete, residents can stroll past the beautiful displays starting on June 3rd.
For artists, Chalk Art Contest supplies can be picked up on Monday, June 1 and June 2 at the South Jordan Community Center, 10778 S. Redwood Rd. South Jordan, Utah 84095.
Contest Rules & Regulations
1. Registration will only be accepted online at register.sjc.utah.gov.
2. $20 registration is due on or before May 15, 2020, 4:00 p.m.
Registration after May 15, 2020 is $20 and a t-shirt is NOT guaranteed.
3. The registration fee provides each team/individual: 1 tote, 1 t-shirt, and 1 box of thin chalk.
-The surface is more bumpy and rough than average sidewalk concrete – we strongly encourage you to bring extra chalk with you if possible.
-Additional chalk may be available upon request, while supplies last, but is not guaranteed. Square Size: Adults – 6ft x 6ft and Youth – 5ft x 5ft
-Adult (18+), Teen (13-17), and Child (12 & under)
-Teams will be assigned an age category based on the oldest team member. Teams can ONLY consist of two people who live in the same household.
5. South Jordan City Staff reserve the right to disqualify any artwork that is deemed inappropriate.
6. If the artwork is not your own idea, please give credit to the original source.
7. Photos of the artwork will be taken and may be used for advertising and voting purposes.
-All chalk art will be judged on Wednesday, June 3, regardless of completion.
-Use your time and space wisely. All decisions of the judges are final.
-Chalk art will be judged on Originality, Creativity, and Overall Artistic Impression.
9. Awards: Announced on the City of South Jordan Facebook page on Friday, June 5.
**This program is sponsored by the Salt Lake County Zoo, Arts, and Parks Program.**
Celebrate the end of summer with a family-friendly dueling piano night in South Jordan! This highly interactive show will have the whole family singing and dancing by the end of the night. Eat dinner before or bring your dinner to the show. All tables are first come first serve.
Date: Saturday, August 15, 2020
Time: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Location: South Jordan Community Center
Cost: $6.94 per person
Recommended Age: 10 years old and up
Tickets go on sale on June 15, 2020.