SoJo Story Walks is an interactive story experience where participants can walk along the Jordan River Trail while reading page displays from popular children’s books. Participants can submit photos with their favorite pages and send them in for a chance to win prizes.
The fun begins at 947 W. Shields Lane and 4500 W. Skye Drive.
*Please use social distancing guidelines.
**Please note that your photos and videos will be used for marketing purposes and may be shared with the media along with your name.
Download the GooseChase app and search for “Summering in SoJo” for weekly activities.
Prizes will be awarded to random participants daily, winners will be notified through the GooseChase app. Prizes include a cooler backpack, fanny packs, and water bottles.
Each week we will:
Movies, dates and crafts:
Week 1: National Treasure (June 29 – July 5) Craft: Invisible Ink
Week 2: Brave (July 6 – 12) Craft: Family Tapestry
Week 3: Star Wars (any of them) (July 13 – 19) Craft: Glow in the Dark Sensory Bottles
Week 4: Captain Marvel (July 20 – 26) Craft: Flerken Slime
Week 5: Wall-E (July 26 – August 2) Craft: Grow Your Own Herbs
Week 6: Tangled (August 3 – 9) Craft: Paper Lanterns
Week 7: Cool Runnings (August 10 – 16) Craft: Backyard Olympic Medals
Week 8: Artemis Fowl (August 17 – 23) Craft: TBD
Visit our social media pages for more information each week.
SoJo Plein Air Contest – Quick Draw from afar! Since our 2020 Plein Air event was canceled in May due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are bringing the event to YOU from afar! This fun, fast-paced, Plein Air painting contest is open to all ages & abilities and is free to participate.
Submission Deadline: All art to be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5:00 pm on August 7, 2020.
Categories: Professional 18 years older, Amateur 18 years and older, or Youth 17 years old and younger.
1. Artists have 3 hours to produce their art in one sitting.
2. Art must be produced in real life, either on location outdoors or indoors using still life. The art must be original work of the artist including the composition. *Please practice all social distancing recommendations.*
3. Any Medium may be used to produce the art, except for photography, computer-generated/assisted art, marker, or crayon.
4. Artists will photograph and submit the beginning blank canvas, ½ way at 1.5-hour progress, and then the final piece at 3 hours. All entries, with the attached three photos, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
5. When submitting, please enter one of the three categories: Professional 18 years and older, Amateur 18 years and older, or Youth 17 years old and younger. Please include name, category, age, city, title of work, mediums used, address, and phone number.
A final gallery of all submitted pieces will be posted on the City of South Jordan Facebook page and on this event page. Judging will be by a panel of experts and the top 3 winners in each category will receive a prize.
By entering this show artists allow the City of South Jordan and/or the South Jordan Arts Council to use their art images in advertising other art events without receiving compensation.
Art deadline: August 7, 2020