You’re invited to the monthly Improv Comedy Workshop hosted by South Jordan Arts Council!
Learn the rules of improvisation, creative games, and other forms of theatre with The Sock Puppets.
Session 2: July – October, last Saturday of each month.
Final performance: Friday, November 2, 2018
Class dates: July 28, August 25, September 29, and October 27 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM at the Gale Center Museum 10300 S Beckstead Lane.
Performers t-shirt provided.
$20 per person, including 4 workshops and a t-shirt!
To register click here: https://www.activityreg.com/selectactivity_t2.wcs
Then go to:
Arts Council Programming
And then click:
Improv Comedy Workshop
For questions or help registering email Haley Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Test your baking and decorating skills in South Jordan’s annual Gingerbread House Contest! Gingerbread House submissions are due on Monday, November 26 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM at the Gale Center of History and Culture. The Gingerbread Houses will be on display in the Gale Center Auditorium from November 27 – December 6 for People’s Choice Award voting.
We can’t wait to see what you bake up!
Gale Center Hours of Operation:
Tuesday-Thursday – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Closed- Monday, Saturday, and Sunday
Rules & Regulations
1. Registration will only be accepted online at register.sjc.utah.gov
2. $25 registration is due on or before May 17, 2019, 4:00 p.m.
Registration after May 17, 2019 is $30 and a t-shirt is NOT guaranteed.
3. The registration fee provides each team/individual: 1 tote, 2 t-shirt’s, 1 box of thin chalk, hand wipes, and gloves.
-The surface is more bumpy and rough than average sidewalk concrete – we strongly encourage you to bring extra chalk with you if possible.
-Additional chalk may be available upon request, while supplies last, but is not guaranteed. Square Size: Adults – 6ft x 6ft and Youth – 5ft x 5ft
-Adult (18+), Teen (13-17), and Child (12 & under)
-Teams will be assigned an age category based on oldest team member
5. The South Jordan Arts Council and/or South Jordan City Staff reserve the right to disqualify any artwork that is deemed inappropriate.
6. If the artwork is not your own idea, please give credit to the original source.
7. Photos of the artwork will be taken and may be used for advertising purposes.
-All chalk art will be judged between 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m., regardless of completion.
-Use your time and space wisely. All decisions of the judges are final.
-Chalk art will be judged on Originality, Creativity, and Overall Artistic Impression.
9. Awards: Announced at 1:45 p.m.
*Registration fee only provides 2 t-shirts. Additional t-shirts (while supplies last) can be purchased for $5 each.