UTA has partnered with Via, a leader in on-demand shared rides, to pilot a new microtransit service in southern Salt Lake County. This new service is called UTA On Demand by Via. The service area covers approximately 65 square miles in the cities of Bluffdale, Draper, Herriman, Riverton, and South Jordan. The pilot will run through November 2020 and is intended to:
- Expand UTA service in southern Salt Lake County
- Improve access for people with disabilities
- Provide first and last mile connections to UTA TRAX and FrontRunner stations
- Provide trips to hospitals, grocery stores, jobs, etc.
- Improve transit ridership
For more information, please visit UTA’s website.