City Strategic Priorities
South Jordan City provides service-oriented, responsible government, consistent with the community's values, priorities, and expectations for a high quality of life, enhancing the City's fiscal health, providing professional and innovative services, and managing the City's resources, while planning for the future.
We are a family-oriented community, founded upon principles of accountability, integrity, industry, and innovation with an unwillingness to compromise in securing a sustainable environment for future generations.
South Jordan City employees hold the following service values:
- Integrity: We do the right thing, even when no one is looking
- Service: We listen, understand, and deliver
- Professionalism: We are committed to be the best
- Communication: We are respectful and collaborative
- Excellence: We continue to raise the bar on our performance
- Strategic Priorities
- Safe Community
- Reliable Public Infrastructure
- Balanced Regulatory Environment
- Desirable Amenities & Open Space
- Economic Development
- Sustainable Growth
- Engaged Community
- Fiscally Responsible Governance
Strategic priorities bring life to the City's budget and provide an easy guide for residents to align their taxes to measured outcomes. The City has long honored its commitment to maintaining outstanding community programs and services by employing a highly productive team who are dedicated to providing excellent customer service as well as budgeting and expending funds in a fiscally conservative manner.
South Jordan City promotes a strong safety culture for the entire community and its workforce.
- SC-1. Protects the public while fostering personal safety and security while providing education throughout the community
- SC-2. Responds to emergencies and calls for service and listens to concerns
- SC-3. Enforces the law respectfully and without prejudice
- SC-4. Delivers a safe and reliable public and private infrastructure system
- SC-5. Engages the entire community to share in the responsibility for its safety, health and well-being
Reliable Public Infrastructure
South Jordan City plans, constructs, and maintains reliable infrastructure and public facilities that align with community needs.
- RPI-1. Plans and coordinates with other stakeholders for quality public infrastructure (e.g. streets, culinary and secondary water, storm water, parks, trails, open space and public facilities)
- RPI-2. Develops quality public infrastructure
- RPI-3. Maintains and operates quality public infrastructure
- RPI-4. Ensures funding from multiple stakeholders to effectively plan, develop, staff and operate quality public infrastructure
Balanced Regulatory Environment
South Jordan City establishes and implements clear, effective, and necessary regulations to protect the health, safety and welfare of the community.
- BRE-1. Develops effective, well-balanced and consistently applied ordinances and policies
- BRE-2. Implements ordinances and policies that encourage quality community growth and development
- BRE-3. Educates and engages the members of the community, developing a sense of shared responsibility and community pride
- BRE-4. Enforces ordinances and policies with adequate staffing to maintain a clean, orderly and sustainable community
Desirable Amenities & Open Space
South Jordan City promotes a strong sense of place by providing parks, trails, open space, and a variety of art, cultural and recreational opportunities.
- DAOS-1. Develops a quality parks, trails and recreation facilities system
- DAOS-2. Maintains and operates a quality parks, trails and recreation system
- DAOS-3. Preserves the community's heritage and culture for today's and future generations
- DAOS-4. Offers a variety of park amenities, recreation and art programs and community events for all ages and abilities
- DAOS-5. Partners with community stakeholders to maintain and expand park, art and recreational opportunities
South Jordan City promotes economic development by facilitating efforts with employers and developers to increase the City's tax base for a sustainable future.
- ED-1. Expands, attracts and retains a diverse mix of high quality employers to contribute to the community's economic sustainability and offer opportunities for employment
- ED-2. Promotes the community as a safe, attractive and quality place to live, work and play
- ED-3. Enhances a dynamic, sustainable and diversified tax base, balancing taxes, fees and charges
- ED-4. Establishes a predictable and efficient development process that fosters a high degree of collaboration and coordination within the community and with diverse stakeholders
- ED-5. Ensures a quality public infrastructure network that meets the needs of future economic growth objectives
South Jordan City promotes a sustainable community by planning for growth while aligning its resources.
- SG-1. Implements effective policies and programs to ensure the accomplishment of the General Plan and its related goals and objectives while using a variety of financial tools (e.g. RDA housing funds) to ensure diverse and affordable housing types
- SG-2. Creates and supports environmentally sustainable programs including water conservation, recycling, energy conservation, and air quality improvement to ensure the financial well-being and long-term sustainability of the community
- SG-3. Develops future water resources through a variety of innovative methods
- SG-4. Enhances and maintains public transportation networks (e.g. TRAX, Frontrunner, I-15, MVC, Bangerter, U-111) ensuring long-term needs are incorporated into growth plans
South Jordan City promotes an engaged and informed community through a variety of effective methods to inform, educate, and connect with its residents.
- EC-1. Responds to the needs and concerns of the community in a prompt, transparent, professional, respectful and ethical manner
- EC-2. Ensures open, two-way communication, by listening to and soliciting feedback from community members
- EC-3. Provides opportunities to engage and serve, informing and involving the community through a variety of methods
- EC-4. Fosters a feeling of community pride, acceptance of others, and a sense of shared responsibility
Fiscally Responsible Governance
South Jordan City provides fiscally efficient and effective governance through best practices, innovation, program evaluation, competitive pay, professionalism and continuous improvement.
- FRG-1. Workforce: attracts, motivates, develops and retains a high-quality, engaged and productive workforce
- FRG-2. Transparency: fosters fiscal responsibility, operational excellence, trust and transparency by ensuring accountability, efficiency and innovation in all operations
- FRG-3. Resource Alignment: projects, manages, optimizes and invests in its human, financial, physical and technological resources to ensures alignment with planning and budget
- FRG-4. Regulatory Compliance: assures regulatory and policy compliance to minimize and mitigate risk
- FRG-5. Communication: provides responsive and accessible leadership, facilitates timely and effective two-way communication and utilizes input from all stakeholders
- FRG-6. Vision and Planning: supports decision-making with timely and accurate short-term and long-range analysis that enhances vision and planning