- South Jordan Art's Council
- Artist on Display
- Round it Up Program
- ART HAVEN- Youth Art Classes
- The Sock Puppets
- Theater Call for Proposals
- Art GAllery
The South Jordan Arts Council consists of residents appointed by the South Jordan City Council. This council provides support and assistance in the implementation of Arts programs and events to create a life-long appreciation for the arts for the residents of the City of South Jordan. They strive to achieve their mission by providing opportunities for individuals and families to experience the Arts through education, participation, public works of art, and performance. If you are interested in joining the South Jordan Arts Council, you can download an application here.
Create life-long appreciation for the Arts for the residents of the City of South Jordan
Provide opportunities for individuals and families to experience the Arts through education, participation, public works of art, and performance.
NEXT ARTS COUNCIL MEETING INFORMATION
Notice is hereby given that the South Jordan Art’s Council will hold a meeting on Thursday, January 12, 2023, in person in the City Hall, Balsam Conference Room, located at 1600 W. Towne Center Drive, South Jordan, Utah. Persons with disabilities requesting assistance should contact the City Recorder at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. Times listed are approximate and may be accelerated or delayed.
In a rotating spotlight, artists from around the valley are on display for several weeks at the Gale Center and City Hall. Features include mediums as oil, charcoal, acrylic, pen and ink, watercolor, and photography. If you would like to be featured as an Artist on Display (AOD) in 2023, please email South Jordan Arts.
View art at the Gale Center
- Tuesday through Thursday from 10 am to 6 pm
- Friday from 10 am to 4 pm
View Art at City Hall
- Monday through Thursday 8 am to 6 pm
- Friday 8 am to 12 pm
2023 AOD Schedule
South Jordan Utility Customers can elect to have their Utility Bill rounded up to the nearest dollar and the increment will be donated towards funding the Arts in South Jordan City. Your involvement in the Arts benefits everyone in the community. The Round It Up program puts your change to work helping to fund the different programs and events in our community.
Youth Art Classes- Coming soon!
Classes start in Spring 2023- registration will open by March 1
South Jordan City Community Theater
2023 Summer Show Call for Proposals
South Jordan Community Center
10778 S. Redwood Rd.
South Jordan, UT 84095
CALL FOR UTAH THEATER GROUPS: Request for Proposals
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, February 10, 2023
COMMISSION BUDGET: Up to $20,000 dependent on experience, scope and complexity of show proposal.
The City of South Jordan and the South Jordan Arts Council are seeking proposals for a summer community theater production to be put on at the South Jordan Community Center.
The purpose of this project is to create a sense of community and provide residents opportunities to participate in or attend a local theater production. The City of South Jordan and the South Jordan Arts Council have put on shows at the Community Center in the past and desire to partner with a local community theater group for their next show by providing support in the form of a performance venue and funding support, up to $20,000.
Proposals with performances to take place in July of 2023 will be considered, with the potential for a winter call for proposals to be released in the future.
Both musicals and straight play proposals will be considered. Please note that proposals should keep the South Jordan area audiences in mind, be family friendly, and appropriate for the venue size and facilities available. Preference will also be given to proposals that intend to provide casting opportunities within the South Jordan Community.
The South Jordan Community Center facilities include an auditorium that can seat up to 250 audience members per show, second story AV room, lobby, loading/reception area, restrooms, backstage access to multi-use salon/dressing room, and concessions area. A stage extension (pictured) is also available by request.
While the facility is multipurpose, is used for various City programming, and little storage space is available, a storage pod may be placed on site near the backstage loading doors if requested.
A site tour with a City staff member is required as part of the proposal process. The purpose of a site tour is to provide an opportunity for those submitting a proposal to examine the facilities, AV capabilities, speak with facility management, ask questions, etc.
Site Tour Schedule:
A facility site tour is required for a proposal to be considered. Site tours are available through Thursday, February 9, 2023 and last approximately one hour. To request and schedule a facility site tour, please email Tiffany Parker (email@example.com)
THEATER PRODUCTION GOALS
The City of South Jordan and the South Arts Council seeks a production that:
- Provides residents with the opportunity to participate in and appreciate the performing arts, either by attending or participating in the show.
- Is appropriate and engaging for an audience of all ages.
- Provides the local theater community needed resources for a production.
- Provides the City and South Jordan Arts Council an opportunity to build and foster partnerships.
PROJECT BUDGET & ELIGIBILITY
The total budget for this project is $20,000 and is inclusive of show licensing fees, materials, sets, costumes, additional A/V equipment, props, crew compensation, playbills, and any expense that results from the production. Fees incurred from any contractors shall be the responsibility of the proposing organization.
- Show shall not contain any depiction of drug or alcohol use, gore, nudity, or profanity, overt religious content, indications of gang affiliation, indication of political affiliation, discriminatory content, copyrighted materials used without license, or overly controversial content.
- Show rehearsals (other than dress rehearsals) must take place offsite.
- Sets may be installed on the stage up to two weeks prior to opening night and must be removed within one week of show closing.
Site Tour (Required) – By Appointment January 25-February 9, 2023
Application Deadline – Friday, February 10, 2023
Notification of Selection – Friday, February 17, 2023
Production Performance Window– July, 2023
**Production timeline will be coordinated and confirmed with the South Jordan City Arts Coordinator.**
Dates are subject to change, except for the application deadline of Friday, February 10, 2023.
SELECTION CRITERIA & PROCESS
The City of South Jordan and The South Jordan Arts Council will review all of the properly submitted proposals and will recommend a proposing organization for selection.
In selecting the right organization for this project, the following criteria will be considered:
- Final proposal that is unique, engaging, and meets the project goals.
- The organization’s proposal meets all listed production requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines and budget and to perform work in timely, professional manner.
- Ability to incorporate community member participation into the theater production.
- The proposing organization’s professional experience is adequate to meet the demands of the project including the ability to work with stakeholders, facility managers, and community members.
The organization selected for the production will sign an agreement with the City of South Jordan.
Submissions that arrive on or before 12:00 pm on Friday, February 10, 2023 and meet all of the proposal requirements will be reviewed. To be considered, proposing organizations must submit all of the required materials via the website here. There is no fee to submit a proposal or to use the online proposal system. No other method of submission will be accepted. Late or incomplete proposals will not be considered. The proposing organization’s name must appear on all submitted materials.
- PROPOSAL (orgname.proposal.pdf) Organizations must submit a written production proposal, which shall include show title and summary, cast size and demographics, crew position list, AV and facility needs, ticketing plan and proposed pricing, proposed budget breakdown, and proposed production timeline.
(10 pages maximum)
- RECENT WORK (orgname.recentwork.pdf) Organizations may submit up to three documents showing recent and related theater production examples. If available, please provide examples of completed past work of similar scope, scale, and budget. Each document must include the title, date(s) of production, location(s), final production cost(s), and a brief description of the work.
(5 page maximum per document)
- PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES (orgname.references.pdf) A list of two references with contact information (name, title, organization, phone number, email address) and relationship to each reference.
Incomplete submissions or any application that has not been submitted within the parameters set forth above, as determined by the South Jordan City staff, will not be reviewed or considered.
All questions regarding this RFP are to be directed only to the South Jordan City staff at the email address listed below. Applications may be disqualified if any unsolicited contact related to this RFP is made with an employee of the City of South Jordan, the South Jordan Arts Council, or any project stakeholders and partners that are not listed below. All communication outside of the site tours will occur electronically via email.
Contact: Tiffany Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org