2021 South Jordan General Election Certified Results
Results of the November 2, 2021, municipal general election have been certified. Re-elected in South Jordan were Mayor Dawn R. Ramsey, Council Member Don Shelton representing District 3, and Council Member Jason McGuire representing District 5. For additional information, contact Anna Crookston, City Recorder, at801-446-HELP (4357).
- View the official report (PDF)
- 2021 South Jordan General Election Summary Report (PDF)
- 2021 South Jordan Canvass Stats (PDF)
- 2021 Certificate of Election and Resolution R2021-35 Adopting Canvass of Votes (PDF)
South Jordan City 2021 Election Information
Election Notice - City of South Jordan 2021 Municipal General Election
Pursuant to Utah Code 10-3-301, the City of South Jordan hereby gives notice the following municipal offices will be voted on in the 2021 Municipal Election:
- Mayor (4-year term)
- Council Member District 3 (4-year term)
- Council Member District 5 (4-year term)
Terms are expiring for: the South Jordan Mayor and for Council Members District 3 and District 5, each of which is a 4 year term. A person seeking to become a candidate for municipal office shall file a declaration of candidacy, in person with the South Jordan City Recorder at South Jordan City Hall 1600 W Towne Center Drive, South Jordan UT during the hours of 8 am to 5 pm and not later than the close of those hours, between June 1 and June 7, 2021 (excluding Saturday and Sunday). An individual who cannot appear in person may declare candidacy by following the provisions of Utah Code § 20A-9-203. Pursuant to Utah Code 20A-9-203 and South Jordan Municipal Code, §§ 1.12 and 2.20.010 qualifications for a municipal candidate are as follows:
- Must be a registered voter in the municipality in which the individual is elected
- Must have resided within the municipality for which the candidate is seeking office for 12 consecutive months immediately before the date of the election
- If the individual resides in a territory which was annexed into the municipality the 12 consecutive months immediately before the date of the election
- May not be convicted of a felony
Municipal Elections are held every 2-years (odd years). The City of South Jordan does not endorse any candidate for political office.
Please contact the Recorder's Office at 801-446-HELP (4357) with any questions.
- The Municipal Primary Election will be held on August 10, 2021 (if needed). (UCA 20A-1-201.5)
- The Municipal General Election will be held on November 2, 2021. (UCA 20A-1-201)
If you need to register to vote, you can easily do it online. Please visit the Online Voter Registration website to find out more. You will need to have a current Utah Driver's License or Identification Card to register to vote using the online system.
You can check your voter registration status, the location of ballot drop boxes and vote centers, and view other election information at the Salt Lake County Clerk Election website.
Visit Vote Utah to view candidate profiles, find information about polling locations, register to vote, view sample ballots, and much more.
Vote By Mail
South Jordan City elections are "Vote by Mail Only." However, if you would like to vote on a voting machine, there will be polling locations available from 7 am to 8 pm on election day. Bring your ballot, along with your valid Identification and the judges will assist you. For more information on "Vote by Mail" please visit Salt Lake County Clerk Election website.
Active registered voters will receive a ballot in the mail about three weeks before the election. A postage-paid envelope is provided for your convenience; however, to save taxpayer dollars, Salt Lake County has provided many convenient drop box locations.
UOCAVA Election Notice
The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) Notice:
- 2021 Municipal Primary Election, if required August 10, 2021
- 2021 Municipal General Election November 2, 2021
- Mayor - (4-year term)
- Council Member - District 3 - (4-year term)
- Council Member - District 5 - (4-year term)
For form and instructions please see Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) (PDF) form.
For more information about the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP), please visit the Salt Lake County Elections or call 385-468-7400.
For more candidate information please visit the Salt Lake County Clerk Candidate website.
For more voter information please visit the Salt Lake County Clerk Elections website.
2021 Final Municipal Declaration of Candidacy List
Candidate Name: Stone Fonua
Filing Date: June 2, 2021
Email Stone Fonua
2021 Pre General Campaign Financial Disclosure Reports
2021 Post General Campaign Financial Disclosure Reports
2021 Municipal Financial Disclosure Deadlines
Please note, these dates and deadlines do not take into account local ﬁnancial disclosure ordinances. Candidates should check with their respective municipal clerk/recorder to ensure that they are in full compliance with their local ﬁnancial disclosure ordinances. Campaign Financial Disclosures are due by 5 pm on the due date.
- 2021 Campaign Financial Disclosure Reports - Template (PDF)
- 1.12.050 South Jordan Municipal Code - Campaign Financial Disclosure (PDF)
- 10-3-208 Utah Code - Campaign Financial Disclosure 2021 (PDF)
|Report Name||Due Date||Report Includes All Transactions Between||Who This Applies to|
|Primary Election Report||August 3, 2021||January 1, 2021 to July 29, 2021||Candidates in a Primary|
|September 9th Report||September 9, 2021||July 30, 2021 to September 4, 2021||Candidates eliminated at Primary|
|General Election Report||October 26, 2021|
January 1, 2021 to October 21, 2021 (no primary) or
|Candidates not in a Primary, or Candidates who won Primary|
|December 2nd Report||December 2, 2021||October 22, 2021 to November 27, 2021||Candidates in the General Election|
|30 Days after Disqualification||Varies; contact your municipal clerk/recorder|
Varies; contact your municipal clerk/recorder
|Candidates who are disqualified for failing to file a financial report by the deadline|