South Jordan City 2023 Notice of Election
Election Notice – City of South Jordan 2023 Municipal General Election
Pursuant to Utah Code 10-3-301, The City of South Jordan hereby gives notice the following municipal offices will be voted on in the 2023 Municipal Election:
- Council Member District 1 (4-year term)
- Council Member District 2 (4-year term)
- Council Member District 4 (4-year term)
Terms are expiring for the South Jordan Council Members District 1, District 2, and District 4, each of which is a 4-year term.
A person seeking to become a candidate for municipal office shall file a declaration of candidacy in person with the South Jordan City Recorder at South Jordan City Hall, 1600 W. Towne Center Drive, South Jordan, UT, during the office hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and not later than the close of those office hours, between June 1 and June 7, 2023 (excluding Saturday and Sunday). An individual who cannot appear in person may declare candidacy by following the provisions of Utah Code § 20A-9-203.
Pursuant to Utah Code 20A-9-203 and South Jordan Municipal Code, §§ 1.12 and 2.20.010, qualifications for a municipal candidate are as follows:
- Must be a registered voter in the municipality in which the individual is elected.
- Must have resided within the municipality for which the candidate is seeking office for 12 consecutive months immediately before the date of the election.
- If the individual resides in a territory which was annexed into the municipality the 12 consecutive months immediately before the date of the election.
- May not be convicted of a felony.
Municipal Elections are held every 2-years (odd years). The City of South Jordan does not endorse any candidate for political office.
- The Municipal Primary Election will be held on August 15, 2023 (if needed). (UCA 20A-1-201.5)
- The Municipal General Election will be held on November 7, 2023. (UCA 20A-1-201)
Please contact the Recorder’s Office at 801-446-HELP(4357) with any questions.
South Jordan City 2023 Certified Candidates
Current as of June 6, 2023 5:00 p.m.
|Office - City Council||Candidate Name||Filing Date||Voter ID||Phone||Forms|
|District #1||Patrick Harris|
June 1, 2023
|6309985||385-377-8522||Candidacy Declaration Forms|
June 1, 2023
|District #4||Tamara Zander|
June 2, 2023
|Candidacy Declaration Forms|
2023 Certified Candidates Listing
2023 Elections Notice
If you need to register to vote, you can easily do it online. Please visit the Online Voter Registration website to find out more. You will need to have a current Utah Driver's License or Identification Card to register to vote using the online system.
You can check your voter registration status, the location of ballot drop boxes and vote centers, and view other election information at the Salt Lake County Clerk Election website.
Visit Vote Utah to view candidate profiles, find information about polling locations, register to vote, view sample ballots, and much more.
Vote By Mail
South Jordan City elections are "Vote by Mail Only." However, if you would like to vote on a voting machine, there will be polling locations available from 7 am to 8 pm on election day. Bring your ballot, along with your valid Identification and the judges will assist you. For more information on "Vote by Mail" please visit Salt Lake County Clerk Election website.
Active registered voters will receive a ballot in the mail about three weeks before the election. A postage-paid envelope is provided for your convenience; however, to save taxpayer dollars, Salt Lake County has provided many convenient drop box locations.
UOCAVA Election Notice
The Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) Notice:
- 2023 Municipal Primary Election, if required August 15, 2023
- 2023 Municipal General Election November 7, 2023
- Council Member - District 1 - (4-year term)
- Council Member - District 2 - (4-year term)
- Council Member - District 4 - (4-year term)
For form and instructions please see Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot (FWAB) (PDF) form.
For more information about the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP), please visit the Salt Lake County Elections or call 385-468-7400.
For more candidate information please visit the Salt Lake County Clerk Candidate website.
For more voter information please visit the Salt Lake County Clerk Elections website.