Primarily a Senior Programs Center during the day, the South Jordan Community Center provides a vibrant place for active older adults to congregate, exercise, learn and explore.
The Community Center is available for private rental in the evenings and weekends when availability allows.
View the Senior Programs Newsletter to learn about the senior programs and events this month (PDF). Or click on the calendar items below!
Tue Feb. 7
Tue Feb. 14
Tue Feb. 21
Tue Feb. 28
Free transportation is available from your home in South Jordan to the Community Center. Please call 801-302-1222 to schedule your reservation, or for more information.
Trips and outings are available monthly. Reservations are required in advance. Please see the newsletter (PDF) or call 801-302-1222 for upcoming trips.
- Continental breakfast served Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
- Darla's Diner on Friday from 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.
Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. at the South Jordan Community Center and is provided by Salt Lake County Aging Services
The suggested donation for meals is $4.00. View this month’s menu (PDF).
South Jordan City provides a diverse collection of programs and services that enhance the lives of active older adults to congregate, exercise, learn and explore. Our vibrant and affordable programming is focused on enriching the lives of seniors. Our warm and knowledgeable staff provides information, resources, and referrals to individuals and families. Join an art class, volunteer your time, improve balance through Tai Chi or Yoga and make new friends over lunch, the possibilities are endless.
Senior Advisory Committee
South Jordan Senior Advisory Committee Meetings
All meetings are held at the South Jordan Community Center in room 127.
- Tuesday, January 23, 2023, 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 28, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 28, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 25, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 30, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 27, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 25, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 26, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 24, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 2:30 p.m.
- No Meeting in December
Senior Advisory Committee - January 2023 Agenda (PDF)
View more information about the Senior Advisory Committee.
Volunteers are an integral part of the Senior Programs. Volunteers share their talents by teaching various classes, working as day directors in the front office, and assisting with meals.
If you are interested in participating as a volunteer, please contact Jamie at 801-302-1222, or start by completing our Volunteer Form (PDF).