Streets & Lighting
The Streets Division is dedicated to providing safe, well-maintained thoroughfare for all citizens who reside, conduct business, or travel through the community. In addition to thoroughfare , the Streets Division:
- Maintains and inspects all City Roads performing duties such as asphalt patching, pot hole repair and crack seal.
- Maintains and inspects all City owned sidewalk to be free of trip hazards and obstructions.
- Maintains and inspects street lights and street signs to ensure a well lit and directed thoroughfare.
Requests for maintenance, additional street signs, potholes, street light outages, etc. can be made through the Service Request or by calling 801-446-4357 (HELP).
The Public Works Department operates snowplow crews throughout the winter. These crews are prepared to operate during snow events, 24-hours a day and 7-days a week as necessary. Crews will be called out after one inch of snow has accumulated on the roads. Generally, all service levels are plowed simultaneously, however during severe winter storms, main streets may take precedence for safety reasons.
- Service Level 1 - Main streets and hills
- Service Level 2 - All residential streets and school ADA routes
- Service Level 3 - Cul-de-sacs and the drive-through section of alleyways
Parking During a Snow Event - Municipal Code 10.20.010
- Parking Restrictions: The accumulation of one-inch or more of snow upon the public right of way shall be considered a “snow event”. During the period from November 1 through March 1, parking in the public right of way is only allowed on the side of the street with even building numbers during a snow event and for a period of 24 hours after the end of a snow event.
- Exceptions To Parking Restrictions: The parking restrictions shall not apply in the following circumstances:
- Where “no parking” signs are posted on the allowable side (even building numbers), cars will be allowed to park on the opposite side of the road, unless no parking signs are located on both sides of the road.
- Where a public road is divided by a landscaped median with one-way travel in each direction.
- Vehicles may park for not more than 5 minutes on the restricted side of the road when loading or unloading passengers.
- Vehicles may park for not more than 30 minutes when loading on the restricted side of the road, when unloading or delivering property or supplies.
- Medical, fire, police, city maintenance, or other emergency vehicles during emergency response shall not be limited by parking restrictions.
- A person may apply to the city for authorization for all-night parking on the restricted side when the same is required by emergency or other unusual circumstances. The chief of police shall be the sole judge as to the necessity and requirement for the authorized all-night parking.
If you wish for the City to do a traffic study please email Jeremy Nielson.
South Jordan City will be out adding an asphalt sealant to select streets throughout the City starting May 31, 2022 and continuing throughout the month of June. Streets that will be receiving the treatment will be closed from approximately 7am-5pm the day of treatment. Residents will receive a notice at their home if their street will be affected. Please see below streets that have upcoming closures for this project and check back for later date updates.
Tuesday, May 31, 2022:
- Skyscape Way (West Side), Green Grass Court and Brown Summit Circle - View the Skyscape Way (West Side), Green Grass Court and Brown Summit Circle Road Closure Map
- 11030 South - View the 11030 South Road Closure Map
- 2805 West to 2700 West (Orange Coloring on Map) - View the 2805 West to 2700 West Road Closure Map
Wednesday, June 1, 2022:
- 2420 W and 10755 S - View the 2420 W and 10755 S Road Closure Map
- Spruce Dale Dr. - View the Spruce Dale Drive Road Closure Map
- Wheatleigh Court to 2805 West (Green Coloring on Map) - View the Wheatleigh Court to 2805 West Road Closure Map
- Hobbs Drive & Providence Way (Green Coloring on Map) - View the Hobbs Drive and Providence Way Road Closure Map
Thursday, June 2, 2022:
- Pine Meadow Way & Pine Brook Drive Cul-De-Sac - View the Pine Meadow Way and Pine Brook Drive Cul-De-Sac Road Closure Map
- Dove Bend Circle & Country Bend Drive - View the Dove Bend Circle and Country Bend Drive Road Closure Map
- Woodfield Road (South Side) - View the Woodfield Road (South Side) Road Closure Map
- Providence Way (Blue Coloring on Map) - View the Providence Way Road Closure Map
Friday, June 3, 2022:
- Sojo Drive (11470 South) & Alta Loma Drive (3500 West) - View the Sojo Drive (11470 South) & Alta Loma Drive (3500 West) Road Closure Map
- Northforty Way - View the Northforty Way Road Closure Map
- Woodfield Road (North Side) & 11150 South - View the Woodfield Road (North Side) and 11150 South Road Closure Map
Monday, June 6, 2022:
- Alta Loma Drive (11500 S) and Rk Cove (3510 S) - View the Alta Loma Drive (11500 S) and Rk Cove (3510 S) Road Closure Map
Wednesday, June 8, 2022:
- Pine Brook Drive - View the Pine Brook Drive Road Closure Map
- Skyscape Way (East Side), Blue Brooke Cove, and Red Canyon Court - View the Skyscape Way (East Side), Blue Brooke Cove, and Red Canyon Court Road Closure Map
- 2340 West & Providence Way (Yellow Coloring on Map) - View the 2340 West and Providence Way Road Closure Map
Friday, June 10, 2022:
- Wheatleigh Court to Overleigh Court (Red Coloring on Map) - View the Wheatleigh Court to Overleigh Court Road Closure Map
Monday, June 13, 2022:
- Overleigh Court to 3200 West & McKaylee Circle (Yellow Coloring on Map) - View the Overleigh Court to 3200 West and McKaylee Circle Road Closure Map